Jan 08 2012
Facts About Every Person You Hire Including Yourself
By Buddy Swisshelm
Stand for Something
Management Mistake: Most Managers change their principles to suit their business
Leadership Solution: Leaders have the highest principles on both their business and personal lives.
- In business, reputation is everything.
- Trust and respect buy a loyalty that you can never buy with salary.
- Before you can become a great leader, you’ve got to become a great person.
Total Commitment is the First Step to Greatness
Management Mistake: Some Managers have only a half-hearted commitment to what they are doing, and it shows.
Leadership Solution: A great leader has a total commitment to his business and personal goals.
- You can’t ever be truly successful until you make a total commitment.
- Total commitment helps develop mental toughness.
- Successful people do what it takes and a little bit more
- Before you can be totally committed, you’ve got to love and believe in what you are doing.
Become a Crusader
Management Mistake: Many Managers are only in business to make a living.
Leadership Solution: Leaders find a cause they believe in and commit to it totally.
- Commit to something bigger than your business.
- A crusading spirit provides the motivation and inspiration that inspires activity.
- Crusade for a cause that’s worth the effort.
- Crusaders learn to live with criticism.
- Build your people’s success by helping them become crusaders.
- Show people the good their efforts can accomplish.